At Hunt, we believe that the Company can only achieve its goals and aspirations if our people can achieve theirs
We take great pride in the exceptional individuals who are part of the organization and strive to help each team member achieve their full potential and career goals.
The breadth and depth of projects, locations, and roles across our operations offer numerous growth and development opportunities throughout the career of our employees, which we supplement with a variety of internal training and coaching programs accessible around the world.
In 2020, some of our training and coaching programs for employees included:
- Leadership Development
- Employee Training
- Intern Mentors
- International Assignments
- On-Demand Online Learning
- Educational Assistance
- Ambassador Program
In 2020, 33 courses were conducted across the Company and centered around the following themes:
- Managing priorities
- Coaching and meeting facilitation
- How to build resilience during difficult times
- How to give feedback remotely
- How to succeed in the “new normal” environment
- How to get results through influencing others
A total of 382 employees participated in professional and leadership development courses throughout the year.
In immediate response to the pandemic, courses were created to assist managers in leading their teams remotely. Managers were provided tips and techniques that could be used to set expectations, manage employee wellness, and reprioritize as needed. Employees were also provided training on how to work remotely, supported by tips and techniques to help them manage their day, collaborate with others, discuss challenges with their managers, and focus on personal well-being.
13 Leaders graduated from our High-Potential Leadership Program
- Establishing trust
- Leading high performing teams
- Change management
- Design thinking
- Emotional intelligence
- Unconscious bias
Health, Safety & Environment Training
- Monthly safety meetings held for district groups either in-person or online that included safety topics such as: fire prevention, hazard communication, heat stress, incident investigation, etc.
- Full-scale Emergency Response training involving multiple companies
- Third-party safety training for First Aid/CPR certification of applicable workers
- Online Safety training via Online platform with a tiered company training matrix for all North America employees
- Technical development: Courses involving safety and operational-critical equipment, refreshers training, and specialized training on turbo compressors and other critical courses were delivered to our frontline employees both in-person and virtually
- Leadership development: Centered around promoting soft skills representative of our Culture and Core Values (i.e. dynamic and innovative, respectful, and community-centered)
- Human Factor program training: Managers and employees received training on the performance-shaping factors and conditions that can lead to a human error
- Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) training: H2S awareness and safety orientation. Adequate safety training helps our employees understand the various hazards related to their job and provides them with the tools they need to identify and safeguard against those hazards.
- Technical development: Online and on-the-job training for Plant Operators, Maintenance Technicians, Production Engineers, Lease Operators, and Lab Technicians.
- Stepping into the role of a manager
- Conducting 1:1 meetings
- Giving effective feedback
- Creating a highly engaged team
Our supervisors have the opportunity to mentor Hunt Interns throughout the course of their internship, providing guidance, expertise, and industry knowledge through an intentional mentorship program
We offer rotational, short, and long-term international assignments to employees for a variety of reasons that benefit both the employee and the Company. International Assignments provide our employees with the opportunity for personal and professional development, allowing them to advance their careers and skills, and develop networks that may not be available in their home country.
International assignments also provide the Company with the opportunity to fill critical roles, transfer organizational knowledge and culture to a new or foreign office location, and develop key relationships with the local workforce.
In 2020, we continued and supported international assignments in Peru, Romania, and Iraq
In our Online Learning Center, over a thousand courses, books, videos, and job aids are available to employees to enhance knowledge of Business Skills, Leadership Development, IT Skills, and Certification Preparation
We encourage continued education and appreciate the value it can add to our extended team members’ career development. Our Educational Assistance Policy provides employees with the opportunity to supplement their job experience with additional education in particular business-related fields. The Company reimburses participating employees for all tuition, labs, and books upon successful completion of the course
Upon employment, each new hire is partnered with a current team member for support and ease of transition into the organization. The New Hire Ambassador provides new hires with access to the knowledge and guidance of an experienced employee while they acclimate to Company culture, eliminating obstacles new hires may encounter and helping them to become more productive and comfortable in their jobs more quickly.